Club Racing Series
MIDEAST REGION CLUB RACING SERIES
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2017 MERCRS IS NOW OPEN!
ABOUT THE MIDEAST REGION CLUB RACING SERIES (MERCRS)
MERCRS is an annual race series sponsored by the USA Triathlon Mideast Region and its Regional Council. The mission of the Mideast Region and its Regional Council is to encourage the multisport lifestyle and grow our sport by promoting USAT Triathlon registered clubs and USA Triathlon sanctioned regional events. MERCRS is organized and sponsored to encourage racing and friendly competition among USA Triathlon registered clubs within the Mideast Region.
USAT registered Mideast Region Clubs participate and score points in any USAT sanctioned race within the Mideast region from May 1st through October 31st provided they meet the race minimum requirements. Points are tallied by a club representative and submitted within one month of each race. Top scoring clubs earn awards within club divisions based on the size of the club’s membership.
At stake is nothing less than regional bragging rights and the prize purse awarded to the teams that accumulate the most team points over the annual series. The Series provides clubs an opportunity to earn funds, and it helps create team camaraderie within the club while competing with other clubs. Furthermore, clubs receive opportunities to recognize and promote their clubs and club members throughout the season.
- -Boost club camaraderie and community
- -Friendly competition with other Mideast Region clubs
- -Win prize money for club activities and equipment
- -Recognize and grow your club through Series promotional opportunities
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2017
- -Increased point value for USAT Annual Members
- -A maximum of three races eligible for scoring outside the Mideast Region
- -Grace period for submitting scoresheets extended to one month post-race
- -No race participant minimum
- -More opportunity for double point races
- -Bonus points for athletes competing in their first race
- -Multi-race Challenge Events, such as the Triple T and the Chicago Tri Triple, are scored as multiple separate races and not one overall cumulative race.
- -Club Champion Banners
2017 MERCRS Scoring Guidelines – There is no fee to participate in this Series. However, clubs must be a USAT certified club. Please review guidelines for all requirements.
- For Each Club Division (I, II, & III):
1st Place- $250 plus Division Champion Banner
2nd Place – $150
3rd Place – $50
- Overall Club Champion receives an additional $150, Overall Series Champion Banner, and Travel Trophy.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Clubs may register by submitting the club roster (download template below) at any time during the Club Racing Series to participate. However, to maximize your cumulative score, Club Member Rosters should be submitted by MAY 1ST to email@example.com to begin scoring points in May. Thereafter, rosters must be submitted by the first of the month to begin scoring in that month. Roster templates are available for download below or download your roster from the registered USAT club webpage.
2015 Official Results
2014 Official Results
2013 CLUB STANDINGS – Official Results
2012 MERCRS Standings – Official Results
2014 Division III, 2nd place
2014 Division III, 3rd place
2012 Team ATP
Division III MERCRS Champs