Club Racing Series
2016 Mideast Region Club Racing Series
It’s not too late to register!
ABOUT THE MIDEAST REGION CLUB RACING SERIES (MERCRS)
MERCRS is an annual race series sponsored by the USA Triathlon Mideast Region and its Regional Council. The mission of the Mideast Region and its Regional Council is to encourage the multisport lifestyle and grow our sport by promoting USAT Triathlon registered clubs and USA Triathlon sanctioned regional events. MERCRS is organized and sponsored to encourage racing and friendly competition among USA Triathlon registered clubs within the Mideast Region.
Clubs participate and score points in any USAT sanctioned race within the Mideast region from April 1st through October 31st provided they meet the race minimum requirements. Points are tallied by a club representative and submitted within ten days of each race. Top scoring clubs earn awards within club divisions based on the size of the club’s membership.
At stake is nothing less than regional bragging rights and the prize purse awarded to the teams that accumulate the most team points over the annual series. The Series provides clubs an opportunity to earn funds, and it helps create team camaraderie within the club while competing with other clubs. Furthermore, clubs receive opportunities to recognize and promote their clubs and club members throughout the season.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2016
- Prize purse for top three total scores in each Division.
- Award for top scoring club in each Division at the Mideast Regional Championship.
- Award for the Club submitting the most races.
- Double point races for select Regional Events and triple points for Club Nationals.
- For Each Club Division (I, II, & III):
1st Place- $275
2nd Place - $175
3rd Place - $75
- Overall Club Champion receives an additional $200
- $50 for top scoring MERCRS Club in each MERCRS Division at the 2016 Mideast Regional Championship
- $100 to the Club scoring and submitting the highest number of races.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Clubs may register at any time during the Club Racing Series to participate. However, to maximize your cumulative score, Club Member Rosters should be submitted by April 1st, 2016 to [email protected] to begin scoring points for April races. Thereafter, rosters must be submitted by the first of the month to begin scoring in that month. Roster templates are available for download below.
FIND A CLUB - Mideast Region
Roster Update Form
2016 CURRENT STANDINGS
2015 Official Results
2014 Official Results
2013 CLUB STANDINGS - Official Results
2012 MERCRS Standings - Official Results